At Tru Realty, we strive to stand out in what is arguably the most crowded, most competitive industry in the Phoenix area. It’s not a strategy we can simply whiteboard and point to. It’s a way of doing business. It’s a mindset. We can reinforce it with our words but we must create it with our actions. Real estate is a business that doesn’t lend itself to innovation … it’s a pretty simple business if you choose to do it the way it’s always been done.
Being different takes effort. Being different takes foresight. At Tru Realty, we are all about being different. How that’s done starts with mindset, is supported by process, and sustained by our results.
Ultimately our goal is to give each and every one of our customers an extraordinary real estate experience. Our leadership team has decades of experience but comes to work every day knowing that we run this business like a startup. We understand that our customer base is changing and so is the market. Our competitors are no longer limited to agents who work at their own pace. We face a transitioning marketplace with new technology, improved access to information, and real choices that appeal to their needs.
Business as usual is a death sentence. Here’s how we are succeeding in a rapidly shifting industry:
- We leverage technology and use it to our advantage. Operationally our brokerage features a fully integrated back end. This allows us to drive deals to our agent while running lean.
- We are constantly evaluating our key performance indicators and, like a startup, implementing changes that keep us ahead of our competitors.
- We provide systems that support customized digital platform for our agents. These tools allow our agents the ability to provide information at scale while differentiating their advantages over competing agents.
- Our ability to save money on our back-office operations means we can be a full-service brokerage that offers a higher commission split to our agents.
- We stay at the forefront of innovation. Last year, Tru Realty was the first brokerage in Arizona to facilitate an Ethereum recorded blockchain transaction.
Look, some people get it … some people don’t. If you’re an agent who’s comfortable doing things the way they’ve always been done then you are not the right agent for us. If you are looking to scale your business, embrace technology, and commit to exceeding the needs of ALL of your clients … you have found the right brokerage at Tru Realty.
We’ve built a sustainable, tech-driven brokerage that serves the needs of agents that want to dig in and compete. Together we exceed the needs of an overstimulated consumer who needs the guidance of a contemporary, well-trained, and well equipped real estate professional.
I remain confident of what the future holds and how the right type of brokerage can thrive in what others may call an “uncertain” or “changing” industry. At Tru Realty we see these shifts as opportunities, not obstacles.
Sarah C. Richardson is one of the preeminent leaders of residential real estate in Arizona. As the CEO and founder of Tru Realty, she is responsible for both the daily operations and oversight of the multiple growth strategies that the brokerage carries out. Sarah launched Tru Realty in 2010 as a way to serve a marketplace that was seeing a shift from auction centric fix/flips to an MLS flow. She is now rethinking the way her brokerage uses technology to better serve clients and agents alike.